Red-Tail Land Conservancy in Muncie, Indiana is seeking an accomplished, full-time Executive Director to build on our eighteen years of successfully preserving, protecting, and restoring natural areas and farm land in East Central Indiana while increasing awareness of our natural heritage.
Position Summary: The Executive Director is responsible for all aspects of the operation of Red-Tail Land Conservancy (RLC). This responsibility includes stewardship of RLC properties and easements, development of new projects, financial management, staff oversight, fundraising and interactions with the public. The position is full-time, and reports directly to the Board of Directors.
The 2016 Strategic Plan for Red-Tail Land Conservancy cite six major goal areas: Capacity, Board Development, Community Engagement, Marketing/Branding/Public Relations, Fundraising, and Staff Management. It is the responsibility of the Executive Director to work cooperatively with the Board of Directors in assuring that the goals of the Strategic Plan are addressed.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with a preference in Biology, Environmental Education, Natural Resources, or related, relevant field.
- Prefer five years experience working for a land trust or related environmental organization in the nonprofit sector, including extensive knowledge of land trust legal arrangements and standards.
- Prefer executive management experience including supervision and leading of staff, budgeting, and fundraising.
- Commitment to financial sustainability of the organization through fundraising resource development
- Knowledge of LTA accreditation
- History of success in cultivating, soliciting, and closing major gifts from individuals and stakeholders, and other fundraising activities.
- Strong financial management and budgeting skills.
- Dedication and passion for the organization and its mission.
- Strong leadership skills and willingness to work as a team.
- Strong communication skills, including public speaking, grant writing, and other written skills.
- Ability to inspire staff and volunteers.
Key Responsibilities: See attached Executive Director Job Description
To apply, send an email with a cover letter detailing your qualifications, resume and salary requirements to Search Committee at email@example.com.
Resumes will be considered until position is filled.
Red-Tail Land Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.