Asian bush honeysuckle is a highly invasive shrub that does not benefit native plants or wildlife. Removing it makes you a habitat hero! Join Red-tail Land Conservancy on Saturday, September 25th from 10am-12pm to cut down honeysuckle and help restore the beautiful forest in Munsee Woods near Muncie, IN.
- What to wear: Please wear long sleeves, pants, and sturdy closed-toed shoes. Hats are recommended.
- What to bring: Bring plenty of water to stay hydrated. If you have work gloves and loppers, we suggest you bring them. If not, loppers and disposable gloves will be provided.
- Directions & Parking: Munsee woods is located at 5701 S 475 E Muncie, Indiana 47302. Turn off County Road S 475 E onto a gravel road and drive a quarter mile until the road dead-ends in a grassy parking lot.
- Age requirements: Because of the dense vegetation, this workday is not suitable for young children. All volunteers under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- COVID-19: This event is entirely outdoors. Red-tail follows current CDC guidelines in regards to the preventing the spread of COVID-19. Please bring a facemask.
Registration is not required, but recommended so messages about the event can be sent to you directly.